For many people, cocaine is their drug of choice. While many other stimulant drugs are out there, millions of people still abuse cocaine on a daily basis. Before they can start cocaine rehab, though, they have to undergo detox. However, what are some of the cocaine withdrawal symptoms that they can expect?
What Are Some Cocaine Withdrawal Symptoms?
Withdrawal symptoms vary for everyone. In fact, several factors can alter the type of effects that people experience. For example, the longer they take a drug, the more extreme their symptoms will be.
However, what are some of the most common cocaine withdrawal symptoms? For both men and women, some of the side effects include:
- Slowed thinking
In addition, many other symptoms can manifest during cocaine withdrawal. For example, some people have suicidal thoughts or behavior when they detox from cocaine. Symptoms like this make seeking cocaine withdrawal treatment from a professional very important.
Is Cocaine Abuse a Major Problem in this Country?
Despite a decline in cocaine use over the last 10 to 15 years, it’s still a major problem. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 14.5 percent of Americans had used cocaine by 2015. Then, in 2017, the survey found that 14.9 percent had used cocaine in their lifetime. The 18-to-25 age group had the highest rate of use during 2017 at 6.2 percent.
Many of the people who use cocaine end up in the hospital for cocaine withdrawal treatment. Also, others may end up in the hospital after overdosing, which can have deadly consequences.
However, America isn’t the only place that has problems with cocaine addiction. The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction says that cocaine is the most abused drug in Europe. It’s one of the most popular drugs for people between the ages of fifteen and thirty-four.
Why Is Cocaine Withdrawal Difficult?
Numerous drugs cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, so why is cocaine withdrawal so bad? The reason is that there’s no FDA-approved medicine to treat cocaine withdrawal symptoms. When people detox from opioids, they can take certain medications to make the process more tolerable. Those in cocaine detox aren’t so lucky.
For this reason, it’s imperative for people to seek cocaine withdrawal treatment. A treatment center can provide the comfort and support that they need through other means. It can safely lead them to overcome cocaine withdrawal.
How Long Does Cocaine Withdrawal Last?
Some people are afraid to get cocaine withdrawal treatment because they don’t know how long it will last. However, the length of cocaine withdrawal varies greatly. In fact, studies show that several factors affect how long it takes.
The average length of use and the average dose are two elements that play a role in the timeline. Experts also say that co-occurring disorders can extend the duration of cocaine withdrawal.
How Is Cocaine Withdrawal Treated?
Are you looking for the best treatment for cocaine addiction in Memphis? If so, consider getting help from Memphis Recovery. Once you’re past the cocaine withdrawal symptoms, we offer helpful programs that guide you to overcome addiction. Some of the programs include:
- 6-month aftercare program
- Individual and group therapies
- Intensive outpatient rehab
- Residential treatment
- Music and art therapy
Remember that overcoming cocaine withdrawal symptoms doesn’t mean that you beat cocaine addiction. You have to address the root cause of your addiction to ensure that you don’t relapse. At Memphis Recovery, we want to help you achieve ongoing recovery.
What Are Some Benefits of Addiction Treatment?
When you are enrolled at Memphis Recovery Centers for cocaine addiction treatment, you will begin to feel a difference almost immediately. Some of the many benefits of cocaine addiction treatment at Memphis Recovery Centers include:
- A safe and supportive environment – Our therapy programs are judgement-free, so people are more likely to honestly share in both group and individual therapy sessions.
- A fresh perspective – When you are in the midst of cocaine addiction, the drug clouds your judgment and overall view of life. However, once you have completed an addiction treatment program at Memphis Recovery Centers, you regain a clear perspective that will help to maintain your recovery.
- Enhanced self-confidence – The truth is that cocaine addiction treatment isn’t easy. If it were, no one would have the addiction. So, as you progress through your recovery process, you feel confident about taking control of your life.
- Healthy skills and strategies – During addiction treatment at Memphis Recovery Centers, your therapist will help you learn how to deal with stress that doesn’t involve cocaine use. These skills and strategies will help you to avoid relapses as well.
Overcome Cocaine Withdrawal with Our Help
Don’t let cocaine withdrawal symptoms keep you from overcoming drug addiction. Remember that detox is just half of the battle when it comes to beating this disease. Reach out to Memphis Recovery Centers today at 866.304.8254 so that we can show you the rest of the way.