Percocet is an opiate medication prescribed to treat pain. Percocet works by affecting the brain receptors that are responsible for sensing pain, resulting in feelings of euphoria and relaxation. While Percocet can be used effectively to manage chronic or acute pain, it also carries a high risk for addiction when misused.
If you or someone you love is experiencing Percocet addiction, it’s essential to seek out Percocet addiction treatment. Contact Memphis Recovery Centers at 866.304.8254 to learn more about our programs.
What Are “Percocets”?
Percocet is a brand name for oxycodone, an opioid pain medication. This medicine contains oxycodone and acetaminophen, which helps increase its effectiveness. Percocet is often prescribed to treat moderate-to-severe pain caused by injuries or medical conditions such as cancer, back pain, or arthritis.
While Percocet can help many medical conditions, it also has the propensity to be addictive. It is essential to know Percocet’s addiction symptoms and look out for them in yourself and your loved ones.
What Are Percocet Addiction Symptoms?
When Percocet is taken for an extended period or used excessively, it can lead to Percocet addiction and many physical, psychological, and behavioral symptoms.
People who are struggling with Percocet addiction may exhibit several physical and behavioral symptoms, including:
- Increased tolerance for Percocet, leading to higher doses more often
- Difficulty cutting down Percocet use
- Feeling compelled to take Percocet even when it is no longer necessary to manage pain
- Taking Percocet in ways other than prescribed
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when Percocet is not taken
- Engaging in risky behavior due to Percocet use
- Financial difficulties due to Percocet addiction
- Deterioration of relationships and social life
If someone is exhibiting these signs, it’s important to seek help.
What Do “Percs” Do?
When Percocet is taken, it affects the opioid receptors in the brain and causes a surge of dopamine to be released. This results in feelings of pleasure or euphoria and can increase Percocet use as the person becomes addicted. As Percocet use increases, so does the risk of Percocet addiction and associated health problems.
If you or someone you love is struggling with Percocet addiction, help is available. Contact Memphis Recovery Centers to learn more about our Percocet addiction treatment programs. With comprehensive care and support, we can help you break free from Percocet addiction and begin the journey to lasting recovery. Call us today at 866.304.8254 to get started. We’re here for you!
Percocet Detox and Addiction Treatment
At Memphis Recovery Centers, we understand how difficult it is to overcome Percocet addiction. Our Percocet addiction treatment programs are designed to meet your individual needs and provide the comprehensive care and support you need for lasting recovery.
Our Percocet detox program can help you safely withdraw from Percocet and other substances. Our addiction treatment programs include the following:
- Individualized care plans – We create customized addiction treatment plans to meet your unique needs, including therapeutic interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for Percocet addiction, and trauma-informed treatment.
- Holistic care – Our Percocet addiction treatment programs incorporate holistic therapies to complement traditional treatments, such as yoga, mindfulness meditation, nutrition and exercise counseling, and art therapy.
- Aftercare planning – We provide resources and support to help you stay on track with your sobriety after addiction treatment, including case management and referrals to community resources.
At Memphis Recovery Centers, we’re committed to helping you break free from Percocet addiction and achieve lasting recovery. Contact us today at 866.304.8254 for more information about our Percocet detox and addiction treatment programs.
Recover from Percocet Addiction at Memphis Recovery Centers
Breaking free from Percocet addiction is possible with the proper support and care. At Memphis Recovery Centers, we can provide the comprehensive Percocet detox and Percocet addiction treatment you need for lasting recovery.
Contact us today at 866.304.8254 to learn more about our Percocet addiction treatment programs.